Uber's executive chief is arguing that his company needs to be able to provide its drivers with more money and better safety to keep them on the road.Speaking to reporters Thursday, Uber's Chief Executive Officer Travis Kalanick argued that Uber's current funding needs to come from outside sources like the state of California.The California state government has been slow to approve funding for Ube...
Express delivery of groceries and household items has been banned from the national capital after a Supreme Court order.
The court had issued an interim order last month, banning all delivery of the private transportation company for the next 12 months.
This came after the Delhi High Court last month ruled that Express is not compliant with the city’s laws and regulations.
The Delhi High court had earlier ordered that the company be banned from transporting groceries and other household items in the city till October 15, when the order is due to be implemented.
It has also banned the private company from using any city public transport.
It has been learnt that this ban is being enforced with the help of the Delhi government’s vigilance department.
“We have asked them to suspend any company operating in the City till October 1,” said a senior official.
The company has been ordered to comply with all the requirements of the vigilance department by October 15.
The vigilance department had earlier said that the Delhi Transport Department has also ordered the company to stop using the public transport to get groceries.
It also ordered it to provide an invoice for the cost of the package to be paid to the Delhi Municipal Corporation (DMCC) for distribution to the residents of the city.
“All the Delhi transport department officials are now under scanner.
We have also ordered them to get a report from the company on the exact amount they have received in payment from the residents.
We also directed them to send the company a copy of the notification issued by the vigilance committee on this issue,” a senior Delhi transport official told The Hindu.
The state government had issued a notification on September 9, banning the private transport company from taking goods for the Delhi Metro, the Delhi Public Transport Corporation and the National Capital Region.
In a statement, the state government said that since Express has been operating illegally, it was being challenged by the Delhi Police.
“Since the Delhi Metropolitan Region Police has asked the Delhi police to enforce the notification, we have directed the Delhi public transport Corporation and National Capital region police to take action to take away any company which has been violating the Delhi metro rules,” it said.